Ignacy Nurkiewicz

Born in 1887, he came to the U.S.A. in 1900 and got an engineering degree at the Pratt Institute in New York. In 1920 he established a factory of fire fighting equipment (Stop Fire), which became one of the largest of its kind in the U.S.A. He served in many Polish American organizations, and in 1943 was one of the co-founders of the Pilsudski Institute. He worked in the Polish American Congress where he concentrated on various initiatives to help Polish Displaced Persons in Germany. He served as Treasurer of the Institute (1949-1951). In 1954 he was chosen to be the Grand Marshal of the Pulaski Parade. He served the Institute as Vice President (1963-1964), as Treasurer (1964-1965) and as President (1965-1966). He died in 1972.

PARTNERZY
mkidn
bn
senat
ndap
msz
dn
psfcu
nyc